What is The Circle of Security Parenting Program?
The Circle of Security Parenting program was developed and based on over 50 years of research.
There is so much information out there about the best way to parent that we often feel overwhelmed, judged and just don’t know what our children needs from us. Using the Circle of Security Parenting program, the trained facilitator works with parents and care-givers to help them to:
- Understand their child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support their child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of their child’s self esteem
- Honor the innate wisdom and desire for their child to be secure
What are the aims of the Circle of Security Parenting program?
- Helping you develop the observational skills for identifying your child’s or other children’s needs and how to promote secure attachment
- Reflecting on your own experiences.
Current attachment research shows a direct correlation between a caregiver’s capacity for reflective functioning and the security of her/his children - Circle of Security International
- Children need help to emotionally regulate and they learn how to do this through the help of you, their parent or caregiver.
- Parents learn to identify, acknowledge, and bring language to their children’s emotional experience. - Circle of Security International
- Shift away from focusing only on the behaviour of your child by looking at the relationship in general and the specific emotional needs of the child.
- When parents attend to relational/emotional needs, the necessary changes in behaviour follow. - Circle of Security International
Who can attend Circle of Security Parenting program?
- Early Childhood Teachers and Educators
- Aunts, Uncles
The Circle of Security Parenting program is great for anyone who has, cares for or works with young children, especially those under six years old. However the program can still be just as relevant if you have children who are a few years older.